Photos too small?

Just click on any image for a larger view

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Deep thoughts


Clara's preschool teachers like to keep us informed of what the kids are doing and saying by posting a "Quote of the Week." Recently, Clara and classmate Lily made the grade.

Another topic of interest these days: marriage. She and Jeroen have agreed that they will most likely be married--"when we grow up." They are most emphatic on the latter point (which makes Mom happy for sure).

The evolution of the idea has gone something like this:

1. JUNE
Clara: I just NEED SOMEONE to marry me when I grow up!!
Jeroen: Well, I'll be busy free running all the time.
2. SEPTEMBER
Clara: Mama, you know what? Jeroen says he wants to marry me when we grow up. (Pause.) Erik said he wants to marry me, too. That could be a problem... (shrugs). Or maybe not.
3. OCTOBER
Jeroen and I are going to get married. But not until we grow up! Married is... married is... one man and one woman... No; I mean, a boy and a girl... but not until we're growed up.

No comments: