When I was One,
I had just begun.

When I was Two,I was nearly new.
When I was Three
I was hardly me.

When I was Four,
I was not much more.

When I was Five,
I was just alive.

But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever,So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.
6 comments:
the first poem I ever memorized:
John had great big
waterproof boots on
John had a great big
waterproof hat.
John had a great big
waterproof Mackintosh.
And that,
said John,
was that.
(love aa milne)
Yes... this poem helped Clara come to terms with being six, which she was not absolutely sure about up to the last minute.
That poem is great and very fitting for such an active little thing. I hadn't stopped by your blog in a while so it was fun to catch up and see what is going on in CA. Clara is getting more and more beautiful with every passing your. I hope you are all enjoying the fall and getting ready for Thanksgiving. Hopefully we'll see you in UT sometime soon.
We had to memorize that poem and say it on our 6th birthday before there were any pressies!
aa milne is great- we also like James James Morrison Morrison Wetherby George DuPree...
Love the family photos ~ happy Thanksgiving, dear Jen and family.
I love it! What a thoughtful mom you are Jen. Clara is so adorable too, thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment